The New Tweedy Bros. - "Good Time Car" b/w "Terms Of, You Love Me"
Hi everybody, sorry for the temporary hiatus on this blog! I promise I've been working on some really BIG projects that will be coming here very, very soon... but in the meantime I felt it necessary to share this 45 with you all.
I'm not the biggest New Tweedy Brothers fan, and neither track on this single is really "psychedelic," but the primitive bass fuzz used here is admittedly pretty addictive. These tracks have that early-to-mid-'60s Beatles UK beat sound which some people may find appealing, but psych purists may quickly discard. The master tapes are apparently missing for these songs, so only these original singles exist, which are unfortunately noisy, lousy pressings. The tracks have previously appeared as bonus tracks on the Shadoks reissue of the New Tweedy Bros! LP, but with the usual heavy dose of noise reduction, and should be avoided. The mint copy used for this master required very little clean-up and is a drastic improvement on all others out there.
Huge thanks to C.F. for lending out this 45 from his archives!
1) "Good Time Car" -- 2:10
2) "Terms Of, You Love Me" -- 2:05
– Audio-Technica VMN40ML stylus on AT150MLx dual moving-magnet cartridge
– Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB direct drive professional turntable (internal stock preamp/ADC removed)
– Pro-Ject Phono Box S2 Ultra preamp with dedicated Zero Zone linear power supply
– Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 MkII (96kHz / 24bit)
– Adobe Audition CC 2020 (recording)
– iZotope RX 7 audio editor (manual declicking, EQ subtraction, additional adjustments)
– Audacity 2.3.3 (fades between tracks, split tracks)
– Foobar2000 v1.5.1 (tagging, dynamic range analysis)
Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and check out my blog. I'd greatly appreciate it if you leave a small comment below. Notes from my readers are what inspire me to keep going. Thanks!