Wenchin - Wenchin
Original 1975 US Pressing
~ThePoodleBites Rip in 96kHz / 24bit~
Who would've thought, before talking to people involved in this project, that this is in many ways the second Omnibus album?
This is the excellent solo album from Robert Wegrzyn, alias "Wenchin", previously vocalist of the psychedelic/garage rock band Omnibus. Although the music is different, the production from Steve/Eric Nathanson on their prodigy's follow-up is easily up to the same standard. Guitarist Joseph Polt from Omnibus also appears here on a few tracks, as songwriter but also guitarist. Some songs here were actually initially written and intended for a second Omnibus album that was never recorded.
This transfer was done from a mint copy that was still sealed until I opened it for this rip. There is a little distortion that is inherent in the pressing and not from my equipment. Probably this is the best this album will ever sound.
A1) Havana (Have You Ever Been)
A2) Outta Hand
A3) Easy To Be Lazy
A4) Everything Ain’t What It Seems
A5) Dancing In The Moonlight
B1) No Strings
B3) The Search
B4) Home Again
B5) Say It One More Time
– Audio-Technica AT150MLx Dual Moving-Magnet Cartridge
– Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive Professional Turntable (internal stock preamp/ADC removed)
– TCC TC-754 RIAA Phono Preamp (new regulated power supply, added LM7812 regulator) – Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 MkII (96kHz / 24bit)
– Adobe Audition CC 2018 (recording)
– iZotope RX 6 Audio Editor (manual declicking, additional adjustments)
– Audacity 2.2.1 (fades between tracks, split tracks)
– Foobar2000 v1.3.17 (tagging, dynamic range analysis)
Enjoy, and please leave comments below! :)