First time here?

First time here? Please check out the FAQ as well as the General Discussion threads. Feel free to chime in or get in touch with comments, questions, corrections... Cheers! :)

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Los Vidrios Quebrados - She'll Never Know I'm Blue / Friend (1966) [Mono Single]

Los Vidrios Quebrados - "She'll Never Know I'm Blue" b/w "Friend"

Original 1966 mono 45 RPM Chilean single
Odeon – MSOD 3759  (Discogs)
~ThePoodleBites rip in 96 kHz / 24 bit FLAC + high-res scans!~

Man, it's been too long since I've made a post here. Over the past few months I've been recording raw rips like a wild man, and hundreds of hours are now stored on my hard drive ready for clean-up. As I slowly began working myself through this backlog, I also borrowed this rare South American 45 from the Record Phantom for a YouTube upgrade, leading to this post.

Both of these songs are non-album tracks and also non-comp, though the A-side is the clear winner entre los dos (the flip sounds like it's being sung by Fes from That '70s Show). Upon playback, the early Beatles records that were in rotation in Chile as much as everywhere are refracted through the voices of Los Vidrios Quebrados (The Broken Glassware) in a contemporary garage beat-pop manner. Despite the poor English, and despite this not being "psych," I figured that it still has a broad enough interest to be shared here.

Many thanks to C.F. for contributing the 45 for this post!  :) 

Vinyl Condition: M-
Dynamic Range:
DR 12

Track Listing:
1) "She'll Never Know I'm Blue" -- 2:12
2) "Friend" -- 2:51

Equipment Lineage:
– Audio-Technica VMN40ML stylus on AT150MLx dual moving-magnet cartridge
– Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB direct drive professional turntable (internal stock preamp/ADC removed)
– Pro-Ject Phono Box S2 Ultra preamp with dedicated Zero Zone linear power supply
– Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 MkII (96kHz / 24bit)
– Adobe Audition CC 2022 (recording)
– iZotope RX 10 Advanced audio editor (manual declicking, EQ subtraction, additional adjustments)
– Audacity 2.3.4 (fades between tracks, split tracks)
– Foobar2000 v1.6.12 (tagging, dynamic range analysis)

 
The B-side is also available on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQaltuoZL3E
 
Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and check out my blog. I'd greatly appreciate it if you leave a small comment below. Notes from my readers are what inspire me to keep going. Thanks! 
 
Enjoy!  :)

18 comments:

  1. Excellent songs here, thank you for cleaning up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for your nice work...keep going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this cool beat tune. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll Never Know I'm Blue doesn't download for me strangely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked again here, and there's nothing wrong with the link or downloading that file.

      Delete
  5. Many thanks TPB. Looking forward to some more excellent work from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks TPB, Great to see you back in action !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back. I was impatiently waiting for your new posts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for this two beautiful tunes, TPB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great record, one which I had never heard of before. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you always for your great work and service to music history!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, never heard of them. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard before, is so great;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent stuff! Looking forward to seeing what else is in the pipeline in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so great !!! Many thanks again for so many wonderful sixties gems. By the way... have you got their 'Fictions' LP ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks a lot TPB for this fine 7" πŸ‘πŸŽΆπŸ”Š

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Man!! Thanks a lot! Are you godsend or what?

    ReplyDelete